NGP Edge Intumescent Sealing System
- NGP-Edge® Sealing System/Smoke and Draft Control Gasketing Category “G” and “H” Classified
- Self-Adhesive Intumescent
- NGP Intumescent materials are formulated to expand at 375°F to 400°F up to 8-10 times their original thickness; completely sealing the gap around and between doors during a fire
- Moisture resistant
- BHMA certified to ANSI/BHMA A156.22 performance tests for heat, cold, air infiltration and smoke infiltration
- Modified acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive protected by release liner
- Provides high initial adhesion and long term holding power for permanent mounting in exterior or interior locations
- Resistant to aging, weathering, UV radiation, water, detergent, alcohol and the influence of chemicals
- End use temperature range of adhesive, long term exposure -30°F up to 250°F
- Shelf life of adhesive prior to installation is one year when stored at 75°F and 50% relative humidity or less
- Rigid PVC base with flexible elastomeric fins
- Flame resistant
- Temperature range -60°F to 275°F
- Anti-microbial: treated with an anti-microbial additive to inhibit the growth of microorganisms
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- 20, 45, 60, 90 minute rated category B wood doors up to: single swing 4'0 x 9'0, perimeter application, pairs 8'0 x 9'0, perimeter/meeting edge
- 1/8" clearance required between doors and between door and frame
- 1-9/16" wide x 3/16" tall
- Available in 36", 48", 84", 96 and 108" lengths
CERTIFIED by UL to CAN/ULC-S104 and ANSI/UL10B, complies with NFPA 80 and NFPA 252 for application to Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 Hrs., and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
POSITIVE PRESSURE - CERTIFIED by UL to ANSI/UL10C, complies with IBC, NFPA 80 and NFPA 252 for application to Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 Hrs., and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
AIR INFILTRATION TESTED to ASTM E283, Standard Test Method for Determining Rate of Air Leakage Through Exterior Windows, Curtain Walls, and Doors.
SMOKE & DRAFT CONTROL GASKETING. Certified by UL to ANSI/UL10C and ANSI/UL1784 Category ‘H’; complies with IBC and NFPA 105 for use on ‘S’ labeled Positive Pressure Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 hours, and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
ANTI-MICROBIAL. Treated with an anti-microbial additive to prohibit the growth of microorganisms.
ANSI/BHMA CERTIFIED. Certified Gasketing complies with American National Standard for Door Gasketing and Edge Sealing Systems ANSI/BHMA A156.22 and is listed in the BHMA Certified Products Directory.